#MyGreatHairDay Challenge Official Rules1. NO PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASES WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. #MyGreatHairDay Challenge ("Contest”) is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor: Crowdsmiths, Inc, Mailing address: 340 S Lemon Ave #2527 Walnut, CA91789 USA ("Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube or any other third party.
3. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding, Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions not otherwise mentioned herein) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Contest is not open to employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, agents or representatives of Beauty Brands and Sponsor or of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and/or assigns, or of their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (collectively, "Contest Entities”).
4. To enter, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Register using your Instagram account and provide your email at: http://lushli.com/beautybrands/
Step 2: Upload photos of your original hair looks to Instagram using this text in the caption: ‘Check out my entry to @preendotme & @beauty.brands #MyGreatHairDay challenge’.
Step 3: Promote your #MyGreatHairDay look or looks on and get as many Instagram likes as you can on your entries.
- Entrants must have a Instagram account (no purchase or payment is necessary to join Instagram). Please note that a Instagram membership is not controlled by and cannot be guaranteed by Sponsor.
- Entrants must not block a follow of the @beauty.brands Instagram account
- There is no limit to how many submissions you can make, as long as it’s your original work. Each submission will be considered as an independent entry to the challenge.
- Media must be submitted in acceptable formats and approved by Sponser
- Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- is unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- contains a focus on logos or trademarks of non-Beauty Brands products
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
All entries must be the original work and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and by Sponsor and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on Preen.Me, lushli.com, BeautyBrands.com and its associated channles or other websites or social media fan pages or any other media. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties.
5. Contest Period: The Contest begins on Feb 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT”) and ends March 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period”). All entries and voting ( “Likes” votes on Instagram) must be submitted by March 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period”). Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation inability by entrant or voters to access http://lushli.com/beautybrands or their Instargam account, or entries or social media votes not timely received due to socail media platform, telephone failures, satilite, Internet or website failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete or false information may result in disqualification of entry.
6. Selection of Winners:
Grand Prizes 3 x 1st place: $1,000 Beauty Brand gift cards for the three (3) winners will be selected based on the number of “Likes” votes on Instagram and final judgement will be made by a panel of the Sponsor based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Creativity (50%)
• Alignment with #MyGreatHairDay Challenge (50%)
Mimi prizes: of up to 15 x Chi Escape Cordless Styling Irons worth $109.98 (SRP) will be awarded throughout the challenge period by judgement by the full discretion of a panel of the Sponsor based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Creativity (50%)
• Alignment with #MyGreatHairDay Challenge (50%)
To be eligible for the mini prizes, a person must have entered at least one qualifying entry to the #MyGreatHairDay Challenge.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and then announced by the Sponsor in one, some or all of its social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest) and other public means by April 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PT - Sponsor reserves the right to extend this period at its own discretion. Participant can win only once regardless of number of looks entered to the contest. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants.
Each participating person can win only one grand prize. Entries that do not contain all required entry information, or are considered inappropriate for any reason are not eligible. In the event of a tie, an additional, tie-breaking judge will judge be brought in to evaluate the tied Entries, based on the Judging Criteria above. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- 3x 1st places will be awarded a total of $1,000- Beauty Brand gift card
- Up to 15 x Chi Escape Cordless Styling Irons worth $109.98 (SRP)
The prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsor is not responsible for replacing a prize if lost, stolen, mutilated or is otherwise rendered unusable due to any act or omission of prize winner or other third party. Prize may not be exchanged for cash value or substituted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute with either the cash value of the prize, or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Applicable federal, state, or local taxes and any other costs or expenses associated with the prizes or the use or redemption thereof are the sole responsibility of the winners. The prize will be awarded, and will be delivered to the confirmed winner to a valid U.S. address or the winner’s email address at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The total approximate maximum retail value of all prizes available is: $4,649.7
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are non-transferable. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize.
8. By participating, each entrant agrees to comply with these official rules and represents and warrants to Sponsor that all images & video submitted by entrant are owned by entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, lushli.com, www.preen.me or Instagram or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY CONTEST ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR THE INSTAGRAM WEBSITE & APP OR THE FACEBOOK WEBSITE & APP, OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITE & APP OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED "AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
9. By entering the Contest or claiming a prize, entrants grant to Sponsor and its affiliates (including their agents and assigns), the irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right to publish, reproduce, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify the Entry in any way, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including on the Internet and World Wide Web, for advertising, commercial, trade, and promotional purposes, including any commercial efforts, without additional limitation or compensation unless prohibited by law, and without notice, review, or approval. This means that Entries may be used by Sponsor for any purpose, including commercial and advertising purposes, in connection with its business and/or the promotion of its products. In addition, entrants hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have in the entry. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED HEREIN TO THE ENTRY AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY.
10. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within fourteen days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up. If any potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ALL CONTEST ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST -RELATED ACTIVITY.
10. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, website outages or interruptions on lushli.com, www.preen.me or Instagram, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel, terminate, shorten, extend, modify or suspend the Contest and to select the winners from eligible entries received. Sponsor may disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or operation of the Contest or who violates these official rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired, and to cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest and, if terminated, at
Sponsor’s discretion, determine the Contest winners from all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Contest, intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, Sponsor or any of its representatives or to otherwise be acting in violation of these official terms and void all associated entries.
13. For a list of names of winners or a copy of these official rules, send a written request to: Crowdsmiths, Inc, Mailing address: 340 S Lemon Ave #2527 Walnut, CA 91789 USA
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com